Shed Opening Hours
Monday: 9.00am to 2.00pm
Tuesday: 9.00am to 2.00pm
Wednesday: 9.00am to 2.00pm
Woodturning and woodcarving ONLY
Thursday: 9.00am to 2.00pm
Friday: 9.00am to 2.00pm
Saturday: 9.00am to 3.00pm
Members’ meeting: 3rd Friday of each month from 12pm to 1pm.
Woodturners’ Meeting: 2nd Saturday of each month from 10am to 3pm (February – November)
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 please do not come to the Shed. We must think of other members.
Symptoms maybe: Most common – fever, cough, tiredness, loss of taste or smell; Less common – sore throat, headache, aches and pains, diarrhoea, skin rash, discolouration of fingers or toes, red or irritated eyes;
Serious symptoms – difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, loss of speech or mobility or confusion, chest pain. If you do have symptoms, get a PCR or Rapid Antigen Test.
- Only members who have had their second vaccination will be admitted. If you are in a position to have a booster we urge you to do so.
- Please use QR check in as well as the normal sign in.
- Masks must be worn indoors at all times. The mask must cover the mouth and nose. We realise masks can be a hindrance, especially for members who suffer from Bronchitis or Asthma. If you, as a result of wearing a mask, do suffer a shortness of breath please go outside, remove your mask and have a breather.
- When in the Shed please maintain social distance ie minimum 1.5 metres where possible.
- The average attendance in the Shed is below the maximum number for the area. Booking into the Shed will not be necessary at this stage. Please note: because of the nature of work Woodturners will have restrictions on Thursdays and booking is necessary. Bookings are to be made through the Woodturners Secretary, Greg Croker.
- At any time, a maximum of 4 people will be allowed at the dining table. If you are unable to sit at the table, please sit on a chair 1.5metres from any other chair.
- If you have a Toy or Shed project you would like to do at home, please contact a committee member to make arrangements.
- In the case where you are considered to be a close contact of an infected person it is deemed that a period of contact greater than 4 hours puts you at the greatest danger of contracting the infection.
- If you have any underlying medical conditions we recommend, for your own wellbeing, you do not attend the Shed.
We appeal to members who can attend the Shed during the week not to attend on Saturday. Note: Tuesday and Friday are typically the Shed’s busy days while Monday and Wednesday have fewer numbers.
- Members must accept the directions of the Rostered Supervisor including any direction to wear a face mask or leave the Workshop.
- All members who have been “rostered on” will be asked to sign a declaration that they have complied with and accepted the Rules of Entry listed above and below.
- Supervisors will clean down the sink area and meal table with sanitiser product (methylated spirit and water solution) or detergent.
- Member’s need to practise safe distancing (1.5 metres) during the morning tea break and at lunchtime; and when moving around the Shed as where possible.
- It is the Members’ personal responsibility to sanitise their hands while working when they feel the need.
Members need to bring:
- Lunch (microwave will not be in use),
- Own cup/mug and bring your own tea or coffee, sugar and milk. Boiling water will be provided. The Coffee Guy will be in at 10.30.
- Personal hand sanitiser.
- Surgical mask and gloves (not compulsory).